Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday Night Music Blogging

Time to have some fun and GRS and time to talk some new music.

Palms Out Sounds has to be one to coolest music blogs I've come across lately. I now know I simply enjoy Massive Attack. These folks are Massive Attack FREAKS. I also enjoy the concept behind their "Sample Wednesdays" where they hunt down the original beats and songs that have become the loops in sampled music. All that plus more cool stuff.

Pearl Jam has a new CD coming out in May and you've probably heard the new single Worldwide Suicide. I can't say that I'm feeling this one too much.

Dixie Chicks also have a new album coming out in May. You can heara their new song "Not Ready To Make Nice" and see the video on their site. Seems as though they're still pretty pissed over the fallout from their politcal spatter, and rightfully so.

David Gilmour also has a new CD that came out in March. I couldn't get the samples to run for me on his site, but I found some here. I wouldn't mind hearing more.

And I'd been looking for this next song online for quite some time. Ben Lee's "Cigarette's Will Kill You." And I found it here. Also found the The Kings of Leon's "King of the Rodeo" here. Their embedded players looks a bit bulky, so just click there if you're intrested. Check out both Ben's and the Kings of Leon's website for a few of their videos.

1 Comments:

Blogger grs said...

I was a really big fan of Pearl Jam back in the day. Can't forget Temple of The Dog in there either. Other than Ten and VS, the only other CD of theirs I bought was Binaural and I was bit disappointed with the whole thing.

I was driving around yesterday and Worldwide Suicide came on. When it was done, I flipped the station and Jeremy was playing. Musically and lyrically it just isn't in the same ball park.

Where did you see the Gilmour video? I'm also a fan of Floyd and you're right, the Gilmour and Waters duo working together made some great music. Maybe I'm just hoping for more of that? I'm still interested in hearing more of the cd, just not interested enough to go out and buy it. And I don't even want to start on the current state of videos today.

As far as more traffic is concerned, we're still in our first month with only a handful of posts. I'm kind of amazed that the Jean Schmidt post brought in traffic. There are many other better blogs that can devote time and reources to picking apart and highlighting the big stories. I think we should find the smaller stories that get left out of the MSM sweep. Those tend to be the stories actually seek out online rather than visiting news outlets and well known blogs for coverage. And just get the word out.

Sun Apr 09, 10:11:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home