Sunday, May 14, 2006

Light Weight Sunday Blogging

To start off, enjoy this clip of Frank Zappa on the Arsenio Hall show from 1989. Man, Arsenio was a pretty bad interviewer, funny guy, just bad at that on air give and take.
My Favorite quote from Zappa:
"Well, let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great. Because if we weren't incomparably ignorant, how could have tolerated the last 8 years?
And that's talking about the Reagan administration. I really wonder what the guy would say about the U.S.'s current state of affairs. And if you didn't check it out the last time I posted it, check out Zappa on CNN's Crossfire with Robert Novak and John Lofton back in 1986 here. Zappa knew what was what.

And I've only got one song this weekend. Check out Rage Against the Machine - Testify. You read the lyrics here. I'm sure you know what most of the members of RATM are doing, but here's a great site that keeps updates on Zack de la Rocha. Check him in this clip at Google Video performing for the South Central Farmers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home